Chemex Classic Series Coffee Maker
The one and only iconic hour-glass shaped Chemex Coffee Maker.
The CHEMEX® coffeemaker was invented in 1941 by the eccentric chemist Dr. Peter Schlumbohm. Throughout his career, he developed over 300 patents, ranging from cocktail shakers to automobiles. His focus was on making everyday objects more functional, attractive, and enjoyable to use. When designing the CHEMEX®, Schlumbohm desired to not only make brewing the perfect cup simple but also to have the vessel be a thing of beauty.
- Borosilicate glass, which imparts no flavors or chemicals into the coffee.
- Lathed wooden collar with hand-tied raw-hide
- Cone shape offers uniform extraction and proper filtration time.
- Double Bonded CHEMEX filters are 30% thicker than the competitors.
- Paper filter extraction removes all undesirable elements such as sediments, oils and fats.
- Achieve perfect coffee free of bitterness and full of flavor every time.